ISO 26262: Hardware Development for Road Vehicles
The course explains the hardware development life cycle according to the ISO 26262 standard for functional safety of E/E systems in the automotive domain.
The goal is to get an understanding of what is covered in the hardware part of the ISO 26262 standard. The participants will get an understanding of the activities that are prescribed in the different phases of the reference model for the hardware development. A special focus is on the methods for evaluation of effects of random hardware failures.
The course is suited for hardware engineers in the automotive domain.
Previous / Knowledge
Overview of ISO 26262 is recommended.
Areas which will be covered are:
- The hardware process in the big ISO 26262 Picture
- Management and partner relations
- ISO 26262 requirements – internal quality system
- Assessment and audits
- Formulation and verification of hardware requirements
- Hardware design and analysis
- Failure mode and effect classification
- Hardware metrics
- Alternative methods for evaluation
- Qualification of hardware components
- Integration and testing
- Input to safety case