ORDER PCAN-USB – CAN Interface for USB
All prices are in EUR and are exclusive of VAT, freight and other duties.
The PCAN-USB adapter enables simple connection to CAN networks. Its compact plastic casing makes it suitable for mobile applications.
The opto-decoupled version guarantees galvanic isolation of up to 500 Volts between the PC and the CAN side.
The package is also supplied with the CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows® and the programming interface PCAN-Basic.
- Adapter for the USB connection (Full-Speed mode, compatible with USB 1.1, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0)
- High-speed CAN connection (ISO 11898-2)
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Time stamp resolution approx. 42 µs
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- CAN bus connection via D-Sub, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA® 303-1)
- NXP SJA1000 CAN controller, 16 MHz clock frequency
- NXP PCA82C251 CAN transceiver
- 5-Volt supply to the CAN connection can be connected through a solder jumper, e.g. for external bus converter
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to 500 V (only for IPEH-002022)
- Voltage supply via USB
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
Scope of supply
- PCAN-USB in plastic casing
- Device drivers for Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 and Linux (32/64-bit)
- Device driver for Windows® CE 6.x (x86 and ARMv4 processor support)
- CAN monitor PCAN-View for Windows®
- Programming interface PCAN-Basic for developing applications with CAN connection
- Programming interfaces for standardized protocols from the automotive sector
- Manual in PDF format
Device driver setup for Windows
PEAK-System installation package for device drivers and tools for Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit) for our PC interfaces.
Device driver for Linux
Device drivers for PEAK CAN interfaces from Kernel 2.4 and higher.
Windows® software for displaying, transmitting, and recording CAN and CAN FD messages
API for the development of applications with CAN and CAN FD connections for Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-Bit)
PCAN-Basic API (Linux)
API for the development of applications with CAN connection for Linux
API for the development of software for the communication with ECUs according to the CAN Calibration Protocol (CCP)
API for the development of software for the communication with ECUs according to the Universal Measurement and Calibration Protocol (XCP)
API for the transfer of data packages according to ISO-TP (ISO 15765-2)
API to communicate with control devices according to UDS (ISO 14229-1)
API for the vehicle diagnostics according to OBD-2 (ISO 15765-4)
Pass-Thru API and connection of Pass-Thru software to PEAK CAN interfaces. Installation for Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (32/64-bit) includes interface DLLs, a configuration software, the PCAN-Basic API, and the PCAN-ISO-TP API. The download also contains the documentation (English).
Windows CE6 package
PCAN-CE package for Microsoft Windows® CE 6.x
Windows 2000 package
Device drivers for Windows® 2000 and the CAN monitor PCAN-View.
Windows® software for calculating the BTR0/BTR1 baud rate register