ISO 26262: Functional Safety for road vehicles
The course explains the software development life cycle according to the ISO 26262 standard for functional safety of E/E systems in the automotive domain.
The goal is to get an understanding of what is covered in the software part of the ISO 26262 standard. The participants will get an understanding of the activities that are prescribed in the different phases of the reference model for the software development.
The course is suited for software engineers in the automotive domain.
Previous / Knowledge
Overview of ISO 26262 is recommended.
Areas which will be covered are:
- What is Functional Safety?
- Management of Functional Safety
- Safety Case
- The Software process in the big ISO 26262 Picture
- Methods and tools, tool qualification
- Formulation and verification of software requirements
- Software architectural design, freedom from interference, HW-SW interface
- Integration and testing
- Verification of software safety requirements
- Product line engineering, configuration management
- Management and partner relations