C++ Level 1 – An Odyssey of C++: Core Language
Interested? Contact us!
A three days C++ training with the following objectives:
The major objective of this class is that you shall be able to use C++ in a “correct way”.
- Introduce “Modern C++” – what we also know as C++11, C++14, and C++17 – as an object-oriented language
- Comprehend the concepts and basic terms in object orientation, and to use UML – Unified Modeling Language – to describe an OO-model
- Design and implement robust C++ classes
- Understand the importance of sound memory management
- Transform an OO-model into C++
- Understand the concept parametrized types – aka templates
- A set of exercises practicing the concepts
- Applying a unit testing as a natural way of testing/evaluating/running most of the exercises
This training is aimed for beginners.
Some programming experience
During the training you will practice the presented concepts in a few exercises. We will use the open and free integrated development environment from Eclipse.
1. The Basics
- Hello, World!
- Types, Variables, and Arithmetic
- Arrays, Pointers, and References
- Basic Input/Output
2. User-Defined Types – An Introduction
- Separate Compilation
- Error Handling
- The Goals with Object-oriented Programming
- OO Programming Concepts
- C++ Language Mapping
- Concrete Types
- Abstract Types
- Virtual Functions
- Class Hierarchies
- Copy Control
- Move Control
- Function Templates
- Class Templates
- Inheritance vs. Templates